Monday, March 30, 2009

Armendora - Chapter 7

I wanted to release my tension from my mock exam a bit, so here's a brand new chapter of Armendora... Enjoy!



Chapter Seven

The Great Waterfall

 

 

 

They took about fifteen minutes to reach the Great Waterfall. From far away, the sound of the water splashing can be heard clearly and this made Ned really excited about his little swim. Once they arrived, Ned opened his mouth in awe.

Have you ever been to the two famous waterfalls in the world? Well, this waterfall is much, much, much bigger, wider and taller than the waterfalls in our world. But, the most curious thing is the water is not cold, but very warm; just like the showers at our home. The surrounding was really calming and cool, making the waterfall a really nice place to have a picnic. Karta the tiger followed them, to guard them in case there are unwanted visitors around.

“Wow, this is great!” exclaimed Ned.

“Really? I thought the waterfalls on Earth are much bigger than this,” said Alyssa.

“No. This waterfall is much bigger,” said Ned. “The biggest I’ve ever seen!”

“Well, come on then. We don’t have much time. Let’s swim!” said Alyssa. She dived straight away into the pool. Karta followed her. Ned watched at first, thinking whether to just dive in like Alyssa or go in slowly.

“Come on, Ned! What are you waiting for?” shouted Alyssa, waving her hand, telling Ned to jump in.

“Is it deep?” asked Ned.

“Not really. Come on!” shouted Alyssa.

Ned dived in. He didn’t think of the deep of the pool, or even the fact that he’s swimming with the girl he loved. The only thing on his mind was the fun he’s about to have. I bet you guys are wondering what they are doing in the pool. Truth is they didn’t do anything! Just swim, swim, swim and swim. Boring, isn’t it?

 

They were enjoying their swim, laughing really hard when they heard a low rumbling noise coming from the north of the waterfall. They stood still in the waters, listening for the strange noise. At first, they thought it was Karta. But, seeing that Karta is also pointing her ears here and there, they knew it wasn’t her. They move closer to each other, with Karta defending them. Slowly, they walk out of the waters to their towels at the bushes. And there is where it happened.

Two Rotters jumped out of the bushes, their claws pointed towards Alyssa. The three of them immediately backed up, screamed as the Rotters stood in front of them. Then, it came out of nowhere. Just when Alyssa was in her weakest point, Ned suddenly drew a sword out of thin air and fought the Rotters bravely.

“Ned! Be careful!” was the only words that came out of Alyssa’s mouth. She’s terrified and surprised. How can the Rotters find them here? What possible trail that had led the Rotters to them? As far as Alyssa had confirmed, and she’s absolutely sure, that she had all signs or hints that they had left behind ‘erased’.

As Alyssa thought about the trail, Ned had managed to kill the Rotters. Surprise was on Ned’s face as the sword vanished from his hands.

“How did I do that?” asked Ned.

“How should I know?” Alyssa replied.

“Then, how am I supposed to know what and how I did what I did?” Ned asked again.

“Hmm. I think Gloria should know. Let’s go back and ask her. But we have to be careful. There might be other Rotters around,” said Alyssa.

 

As soon as they got back from the waterfall, both of Alyssa told the story to Gloria over lunch, with Ned filling in details that Alyssa had forgot. After lunch, they gathered at the living room to listen to Gloria’s explanation of the magical event that happened at the waterfall.

“Hmm. I think Ned’s family is from here,” Gloria said.

“WHAT?” both Ned and Alyssa exclaimed. “How can my family come from here?” asked Ned. “As far as I’m concerned, my family came from Haybury.”

“That’s the only theory I can come up with. You see, only the ones who came from Armendora will have magical powers. Have anything happened in your life that no one can explain?” asked Gloria. “Something like it happened by magic?”

“Once,” said Ned after a pause. “When I was ten, there are bullies in my school. I was bullied all the time. But one day, they tied me onto a chair. I was screaming to them, asking them to let me go. I was tugging my hands; to free them as those bullies laughed at me. Suddenly, my hands are free—like my hands went through the ropes—and the bullies are shouting in pain, clutching their stomachs—like they are being punched or something. After that, no one bullied me again.”

“See!” exclaimed Gloria. “That proves you are from Armendora.”

“I have lived in Haybury since I was born, Gloria. How can I be Armendorian?” Ned asked.

“Simple,” Gloria began. “Your ancestors must have come from Armendora. They must have left Armendora, either by mistake, forced to leave or willingly leave Armendora. Either way, your ancestors must have first arrived in Haybury when they left. So, they must have been living there ever since.”

“Are you saying that I have Armendorian blood in me?” Ned asked.

“Yes, dear one. You are truly an Armendorian,” said Gloria.

Accepting the fact that he is from Armendora really troubled Ned. He just can’t believe it. One minute you’re from Haybury; the next you have Armendorian blood running in your veins. Even though it’s hard to process, Ned has to accept the fact that he is Armendorian. Ned was sitting outside, looking at the trees surrounding him when Alyssa sat next to him.

“Are you alright?” Alyssa asked.

“Yeah, I’m fine,” said Ned.

“You look troubled,” Alyssa said.

“Of course. I still can’t believe the fact that I’m from here,” Ned said. “I mean, I know how this made you feel, but me? I still have to get used to it; get used to this.”

“Don’t worry,” said Alyssa, taking Ned’s hand. “You’ll be fine. I’m here, okay? I’ll help you with this. Gloria will teach you everything she knows about magic.”

“Are you sure I’ll be fine? What if I mess things up? What if I make a mistake and… ruin everything?” Ned asked.

“You won’t, okay? I promise you. Gloria and I will help you the best we can,” said Alyssa.

“She’s right, Ned,” said Gloria. She was standing behind them. “I’ll make sure you won’t make any mistake.”

They watched the sun set together—which amazes Ned because that was the first time he watched sunset—before they went back in for dinner. Gloria was a really good cook. Ned really enjoyed his dinner that night—roasted beef and mashed potatoes. After dinner, they went straight to bed. Gloria had prepared the guest room for Ned and before they go to sleep, Gloria came into his room with a box in her hands.

“This is a Hacker,” said Gloria, handing the box over to Ned. “It’s like a telephone in your world.”

“Who am I supposed to call?” asked Ned.

“Your parents, of course,” said Gloria.

“I can call my parents from here?” Ned asked.

“Of course,” said Gloria. “I wouldn’t have taken this out if it can’t be used.”

3 comments:

cik penguin said...

Hacker? hihi. cool name.

cik penguin said...

oh wait, da chapter 7 ke? aww. write soon please, =]

Are-Peace Archie said...

i'll try to write as fast as i can, depends on my flow of ideas. hehe...
you can actually contribute by giving ideas to how you want the story goes...

Post a Comment